Why Should I Attend?
Do I Go to the Right Church ?
We believe the Lord Jesus wants you to attend Huisache Avenue Baptist Church (HABC) because:
1. The Lord commands his people to attend church . It is not enough to simply stay home and watch a preacher on TV or just meet with your family or worship God in your own way! The Bible commands us in Heb. 10:23, 24:
And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
It is required in the New Testament to attend a local assembly so we can encourage one another to serve the Lord more in these last days.
2. At Huisache Avenue Baptist Church, use and believe the King James Bible only! Have you ever been to a church where the preacher did not use the same Bible you did and it was hard for you to follow along because you did not know where he was? This can be very confusing! The Bible says in 1Cor. 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Stop being confused. Come to a church that believes the Bible is perfect and does not try to make you doubt or put its own meaning into it. The King James Bible has been used almost 400 years and has been instrumental in the greatest revivals and conversions in these last times. Did you know the NIV is missing 16 verses? Including Matt 17:21, 18:11, 23:14, Mark 7:16, 9:44, 9:46, 11:26, 15:28, Luke 17:36, 23:17, John 5:4, Acts 8:37, 15:34, 24:7, 28:29, 16:24. It is also has 64,000 less words than the KJV that is same as taking all 14 books Paul wrote plus Esther, Micah, 3John and Jude! The reason is found in Luke 8:12:
then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
The NIV also calls Satan the morning star in Isa. 14:12 which is the name of Jesus Christ in Rev 22:16. It also has Goliath killed by two different men. Please see II Sam 21:19 and I Sam 17:50. All new Bibles have lots of omissions. So come to a church that uses a Bible you can trust. Pr 30:5 Every word of God is pure.
3. Huisache Avenue Baptist Church does not just preach a feel good message. We call sin, SIN and are not afraid to preach the whole counsel of God so we can learn how to live a Christian life that is pleasing to theLord Jesus Christ. At Huisache Avenue Baptist Church, Pastor Cummings teaches the Bible verse by verse during Sunday School and Wednesday night so you can have a real understanding of the Scriptures.
Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
This is important for understanding the doctrines of the bible the average church has let doctrine go 2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears.
4. At Huisache Avenue Baptist Church we will show you how to know 100% for sure how to get to heaven 1 Jo 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. Why would you go to a church that does not tell you how to get to heaven nor that you can have assurance of salvation. If your church is like that God does not want you there.
5. Gospel messages and invitations are given weekly at Huisache Avenue Baptist Church so you can invite your family and friends to get them saved as well. Rev. 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
6. Huisache Avenue Baptist Church is engaged in public ministry weekly. We take the gospel to the streets and door to door to give the “unchurched” a chance to be saved as well. So you would be supporting a church that cares about the lost, the unsaved and the unchurched! Acts 20:20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house.
7. Huisache Avenue Baptist Church has an active Prayer Ministry and Bible study every Wednesday night where we get together and support our brothers and sisters in prayer. You can get help praying for your needs. 1Sam 12:23 Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you.
8. Huisache Avenue Baptist Church is actively engaged in Missions. You will get opportunities many times throughout the year to hear from missionaries around the world and can be a part in taking the gospel to the world missions. We support missionaries to Latin America, Africa, Asia, Europe and Australia and North America. Mark 16:16.
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
9. At Huisache Avenue Baptist Church, you will give your children the best chance possible to become good Christians and productive citizens. The children's Sunday school teachers use flannel graphs, a visual presentation of the gospel and stories in the Bible so it is seen as well as heard for better learning.
Prov. 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
So please join us next time at Huisache Avenue Baptist Church and become a part of our growing membership and see what good things the Lord has in store for you. We meet Sunday morning for Sunday School at 10:00 Church at 11:00 Sunday and Wednesday p.m. at 6:30. We are located inside loop 410 on 1339 Huisache Avenue by the Oak Farms Dairy inbetween Fredericksburg Rd and McDermott Hwy. Sincerely, Pastor Cummings and all the Members of Huisache Avenue Baptist Church .
The Bible says in Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: This verse while used to target individuals is actually the Lord standing on the outside of the Laodicean church trying to get in This is the condition of most churches today.